WORK FOR SENECA
Seneca is an equal-opportunity employer located in Syracuse, New York. We pride ourselves on our open work environment and offer room for advancement in every department.
Join a Leader
Working for Seneca is a unique opportunity to join a leading technology integrator that has consistently ranked as a "Syracuse 100" Top Revenue Generating Growth Company. At Seneca, we believe in customer satisfaction, market focus, quality processes, and are committed to employee empowerment.
We are an EEO/AA employer. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request through one of the methods listed below. Disability Accommodation Requests Only Email Cathy Roberts at email@example.com, fax request to (315) 579-1322, or mail request directly to Seneca, Attention: Cathy Roberts, 7401 Round Pond Road, North Syracuse, NY 13212
Product Development Manager »
Summary of Position
The Product Development position encompasses all related responsibilities for the development, management, growth and communications of Seneca product lines. Product Development helps to identify new product opportunities, analyzes and manages current products, and owns Product Roadmap and Product Portfolio responsibilities.
- Maintain ownership of product line
- Identify target products that need to be developed, including new technology
- Owns Product Launches: Work with engineering, marketing, and vendors to develop targeted products
- Manage system level roadmaps
- Creates sales quoting tools
- Conduct Product Training
- Guide procurement on component level roadmap process
- Sales profitability tracking and analysis for product lines
- Support Tech Support and develop Warranty offerings
- Competitive Quote Analysis
- Establish and maintain both new and existing vendor relationships
- Support customer and sales staff as required
- Represent Seneca in a professional manner; striving for total customer satisfaction
- Share in the responsibility for overall profitability and growth of your business unit
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent organization and creativity skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong assessment/prioritization skills
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Ability to create positive impressions with customers, business partners, and staff
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Programs (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint)
- HS diploma required
- College experience helpful (preferably in business, marketing, sales or similar major)
- Formal product management training helpful
- 3–5 years computer industry experience
- Product development/ product management experience
Application Developer »
Summary of Position
Participates in the analysis of information systems problems and the development of solutions to those problems. Responsible for working with user personnel on problem areas to define pertinent specifications for applications. Performs database design, program design, coding and other programming tasks from general directions. Specifies the required logical interface between related programs or processes. Defines and corrects operational difficulties encountered in executing programs. Communicates effectively at team level. Employee is subject to be on call 24 hours, 7 days a week, to cover system or hardware support/failure in production environment or new implementations. On call responsibilities requires minimally a first call response (personnel must keep their phones in receiving order and available at all times).
- Analyzes problem areas, designs and implements system improvements.
- Analyzes documents, files and reports related to work flow.
- Organizes data files and prepares flowcharts of data movement.
- Documents procedures and operation methods.
- Trains and prepares instructional material for operations and users.
- Designs, programs, tests, implements and documents program logic.
- Prepares test data and analyzes program performance during testing.
- Designs program controls and control procedures.
- Designs conversion procedures.
- Prepares operation instructions.
- Is subject to call 24 hours, 7 days a week, to cover software failure on production programs or new applications behind schedule.
- Prepares program status reports.
- Performs other duties comparable to the above, as the above duties describe only the typical, primary features of the job.
- Employee is subject to on call 24 hours, 7 days a week, to cover system or hardware support/failure in production environment or new implementations. On call responsibilities requires minimally a first call response (personnel must keep their phones in receiving order and available at all times)
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- One year work experience performing complex development in Microsoft technologies, including Microsoft AX or NAV, Visual Studio, C#, and SQL Server
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business, Computer Science or equivalent education and work experience.
Account Executive »
Summary of Position
Works with Resellers, Business to Business, Integrators, and OEM’s selling computer hardware and software products (PC’s, Notebooks, Desktops, Tablet computers, Servers, Storage and other computer related hardware products, services, printers, and other accessories). Sales responsibilities include customer account management, revenue growth, and new business development. Establishes and manages business relationships and partnerships with customers and Resellers in a defined sales territory working out of a remote home office.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- College Degree Preferred (major in business, sales, marketing, government studies, etc.)
- 3+ years sales experience in a technical sales environment, such as computer hardware and or software sales, selling to Resellers, Business to Business, Integrators, and/or OEMs.
- The ideal candidates will have experience selling complex computer solutions while increasing revenue and possess a solid track record. Sales experience in computer technology is preferred. Knowledge of computer solutions that integrate hardware and/or software along with sales experience in storage, desktops, notebooks and other related products is preferred. Experience selling technical solutions into Vertical Markets such as Digital Signage, Security and Surveillance, and/or Digital Broadcasting.
All information will be kept confidential.