WORK FOR SENECA
Seneca is an equal-opportunity employer located in Syracuse, New York. We pride ourselves on our open work environment and offer room for advancement in every department.
Join a Leader
Working for Seneca is a unique opportunity to join a leading technology integrator that has consistently ranked as a "Syracuse 100" Top Revenue Generating Growth Company. At Seneca, we believe in customer satisfaction, market focus, quality processes, and are committed to employee empowerment.
We are an EEO/AA employer. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request through one of the methods listed below. Disability Accommodation Requests Only Email Cathy Roberts at email@example.com, fax request to (315) 579-1322, or mail request directly to Seneca, Attention: Cathy Roberts, 7401 Round Pond Road, North Syracuse, NY 13212
Account Executive »
Summary of Position
Works with Resellers, Business to Business, Integrators, and OEM’s selling computer hardware and software products (PC’s, Notebooks, Desktops, Tablet computers, Servers, Storage and other computer related hardware products, services, printers, and other accessories).
Sales responsibilities include customer account management, revenue growth, and new business development. Establishes and manages business relationships and partnerships with customers and Resellers in a defined sales territory working out of a remove home office.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- College Degree Preferred (major in business, sales, marketing, government studies, etc.)
- 3+ years sales experience in a technical sales environment, such as computer hardware and or software sales, selling to Resellers, Business to Business, Integrators and/or OEM’s.
- The ideal candidates will have experience selling complex computer solutions while increasing revenue and possess a solid track record. Sales experience in computer technology is preferred. Knowledge of computer solutions that integrate hardware and/or software along with sales experience in storage, desktops, notebooks and other related products is preferred. Experience selling technical solutions into Vertical Markets such as Digital Signage, Security and Surveillance and/or Digital Broadcasting.
Product Development Engineer »
Summary of Position
This position is designed to participate in custom design and development and specification of our next generation of Seneca Products.
- Work with the various teams / departments during development phase and production release of our next generation of Seneca, or custom OEM computer products
- Develop and enhance testing procedures including processes and scripts
- Perform qualification testing on hardware components (motherboards, CPUs, add-on cards, power supplies)
- Provide hardware support and failure analysis on computer products
- Resolve complex non-compliant issues by the most efficient and cost effective methods. Ensure findings, risks and recommendations are clearly communicated to the various cross functional teams through test reports from either internal or external sources
- Cultivate good working relationships with customers, vendors and, test labs
- Operate under minimal supervision
- General understanding of hardware design with an ability to find cost effective work-around where feasible; ability to simultaneously investigate multiple avenues to solve problems
- Custom design and development for chassis and hardware and qualify chassis, motherboards, processors, add-on cards, chassis, and power supplies
- Build prototypes; qualify compatible hardware and work with ODMs to troubleshoot HW/SW issues
- Testing and validation solutions thermally or running custom software (ISV) on Seneca platforms for validation and new components for production integration
- Execute qualification test per test plans, document results, identify issues, and follow up on corrective actions
- Perform HW failure analysis and provide disposition and corrective actions
- Create hardware qualification test plans and document test reports
- Document and enhance processes for HW qualification and failure analysis
- Specify diagnostic test requirements for new hardware
- Work with outsourced design teams on mechanical and electrical design projects
- Execute environmental tests (thermal, shock & vibration)
- Work with external labs to execute tests for safety and EMC approvals (If required)
- Create product BOMs using Arena
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficiency and familiarity of Raid controllers and configuration, operating systems installation, configurations and drivers as well as Windows PE (Windows XP, 7, 8.1 and Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2012 R2)
- Ability to present and explain company and technical information, verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive and lasting relationships and impressions with management, employees, and customers
- Ability to problem solve, answer questions and evaluate results of own performance
- Ability to document testing and procedures accurately
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals, and demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Strong technical skills with a meticulous and thorough approach to work
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to embrace change and adapt to changing priorities
- Proficient use and familiarity with hand and power tools
- Ability to read and interpret work orders
- “LEAN Thinking” skills
- Knowledge of Hardware and assembling computers and notebooks
- AAS degree in computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience required
- A+ Certification, MCP Certification desired but not required
- Minimum two (2) years experience in related field. Knowledge of server-class Intel/AMD processors, Server Class motherboards, BIOS, firmware, PCI Express and PCI-X cards integration and testing, Linux/Windows scripting, SMBIOS, DMI, ACPI, SLIC information
All information will be kept confidential.