WORK FOR SENECA
Seneca is an equal-opportunity employer located in Syracuse, New York. We pride ourselves on our open work environment and offer room for advancement in every department.
Join a Leader
Working for Seneca is a unique opportunity to join a leading technology integrator that has consistently ranked as a "Syracuse 100" Top Revenue Generating Growth Company. At Seneca, we believe in customer satisfaction, market focus, quality processes, and are committed to employee empowerment.
We are an EEO/AA employer. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request through one of the methods listed below. Disability Accommodation Requests Only Email Cathy Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax request to (315) 579-1322, or mail request directly to Seneca, Attention: Cathy Roberts, 7401 Round Pond Road, North Syracuse, NY 13212
Strategic Buyer »
Summary of Position
Purchases computer hardware and software parts and components, printers, printer peripherals, and ribbons for resale from Distribution Vendors. This position determines the best suppliers of commodities for service, pricing,
and reliability in support of sales to achieve total cost objectives at Seneca, to ensure continuity of supply and demand, and to enhance supply-chain flexibility to meet changing manufacturing/customer needs.
- Sources hard and soft computer and printer items for resale at the most economical cost
- Choose the suppliers of the product or service to purchase
- Negotiate pricing
- International procurement (managing long lead time parts and products)
- Maintain inventory levels of current stock to achieve total cost objectives at
- Process Drop Ships
- Maintain assigned vender stock keeping units within WDS
- Resolve and assist accounting with the resolution purchases and pricing variances or vender item cost discrepancies
- Assist with RMA's
- Process stock rotations
- Develop and maintain short- and long-term relationships with vendors, distributors, and customers
- Review and recommend initial contracts and renewal of contracts with vendors
- Interfaces with Sales and the Business Development Group daily
- Individual role greater than 10 MM annually
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
- Knowledge of general and industry-specific Purchasing terms
- Knowledge of ERP, MRP and MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team oriented environment
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- A.S. Degree in Business required
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited College or University in Supply Chain or Logistics preferred
- B.S. in Economics, Marketing, Finance or other Business Degree accepted
- 3-5 years purchasing experience in the computer industry preferred
- 5 or more years of purchasing in another industry accepted
Account Executive »
Summary of Position
Works with Resellers, Business to Business, Integrators, and OEM’s selling computer hardware and software products (PC’s, Notebooks, Desktops, Tablet computers, Servers, Storage and other computer related hardware products, services, printers, and other accessories). Sales responsibilities include customer account management, revenue growth, and new business development. Establishes and manages business relationships and partnerships with customers and Resellers in a defined sales territory working out of a remote home office.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- College Degree Preferred (major in business, sales, marketing, government studies, etc.)
- 3+ years sales experience in a technical sales environment, such as computer hardware and or software sales, selling to Resellers, Business to Business, Integrators, and/or OEMs.
- The ideal candidates will have experience selling complex computer solutions while increasing revenue and possess a solid track record. Sales experience in computer technology is preferred. Knowledge of computer solutions that integrate hardware and/or software along with sales experience in storage, desktops, notebooks and other related products is preferred. Experience selling technical solutions into Vertical Markets such as Digital Signage, Security and Surveillance, and/or Digital Broadcasting.
All information will be kept confidential.